A trip following great writers and tracing historical events
- One night & two days, one-way trip.
- Departure station
- Osaka Station
- Final station
- Shimonoseki Station
- Via Sanin Line
- Sightseeing Places
- View Spots
- TWILIGHT EXPRESS MIZUKAZE Route
- Departure / Final Stations
- Kinosaki Onsen
- A hot spring town with a history stretching back to the Heian period (794-1185).
Enjoy strolling through the traditional streets loved by many of Japan's great writers and the places associated with them.
- Visit to Eikitei in Yutouya Ryokan (Japanese-style Inn).
… Members of the Imperial Family have stayed in this distinguished guest house.
- Visit to Room 26 in the ryokan Mikiya.
… The famous Japanese writer Naoya Shiga stayed in this room.
- Local traditional craft-making experience
… 1. Straw craftwork - Attach straw handicrafts to wind chimes and other objects
2. Leatherwork - Make original small leather items
- Amarube Viaduct
- Between Yoroi Station and Amarube Station
- This approximately 40-meter-high bridge in Kami-cho, Hyogo Prefecture, is an outstanding spot from which to view the vast Sea of Japan and the beautiful mountain ranges.
- Sea of Japan, Western Sanin Region / Orii Coast
- Near Orii Station
- Located on the western tip of Shimane Prefecture’s Hamada City, this white sand coastline stretches 1 km from east to west, and is a popular bathing beach in summer. It lies just in front of Orii Station on the Sanin Main Line.
- Hagi, a town which cherishes and passes down its history and traditions.
A visit to places connected to Shoin Yoshida, who provided spiritual support in the Meiji Restoration (1868), and a visit to the nationally designated Important Cultural Property garden and residence of the wealthy merchant Kikuya family, who were purveyors to the Hagi Domain.
- Visit to Shoin Shrine / Shoka Sonjuku (World Heritage Site). Lecture and commentary by the Shinto priest.
* Shinto ("the way of God") is the indigenous faith of Japanese people.
- Kikuya Family Residence – Accompanied by a guide, and viewing of the garden Shinniwa
- Breakfast : Enjoy dishes made using unique ingredients from along the route at Koufuku no Chisouya Umenoha.
- Sea of Japan, Western Sanin Region / Fukawa Bay
- Between Nagatoshi Station and Kiwado Station
- An inlet located in the Kita-Nagato Kaigan Quasi-National Park. Omi-jima Island, which lies across the bay, has a wealth of spectacular sights, including caves, stone pillars and shore reefs. It is known as the Alps of the Sea.
- MIZUKAZE bus
The exclusive MIZUKAZE bus takes guests to and from the sightseeing places. The design was supervised by Kazuya URA, the same designer who oversaw the design of the train. The exterior is MIZUKAZE green, with gold emblem lines. The interior has the same carpet design as the train, and green seats to give it a relaxing atmosphere. The bus is pleasant to ride, and it takes you to sightseeing places full of appeal.
*In addition to the MIZUKAZE bus, a bus with a restroom also runs. (The onboard facilities are the same as the MIZUKAZE bus, however the design is not the same.) The buses offer a comfortable way to travel.
*During the journey, all guests will ride the MIZUKAZE bus at least once. On the Sanin Course (Shimonoseki-bound) and the Sanyo Course (Shimonoseki-bound), guests will be transported between the destination Shimonoseki Station and Kokura Station by the MIZUKAZE bus and the bus with a restroom.
(Bus company: Chugoku JR Bus)