A trip through the history of the Setouchi area
- One night & two days, one-way trip.
- Departure station
- Shin-Osaka Station
- Final station
- Shimonoseki Station
- Via Sanyo Line
- Sightseeing Places
- View Spots
- TWILIGHT EXPRESS MIZUKAZE Route
- Departure / Final Stations
- Akashi Kaikyo Bridge (Setonaikai National Park)
- Between Tarumi Station and Maiko Station
- The world’s longest suspension bridge with a span of 3,911 m. It connects Kobe City and Awaji Island. The contrast between the colossal bridge, the sea and the sky and the greenery of the island is a stunning sight seen nowhere else.
- Between Yoshinaga Station and Wake Station
- Wake, Okayama Prefecture, is blessed with an abundance of nature. The sweeping views of the idyllic Japanese countryside from the train windows will soothe your mind.
- Kurashiki is a retro-modern city with Japanese and Western influences.
Visit Yurinso, a villa not normally open to the public, and enjoy free time strolling around Kurashiki Bikan Historical Quarter.
- Visit to Yurinso, built as a residence for the noted Ohara family of Kurashiki.
This villa is not normally open to the public.
- Stroll around Kurashiki Bikan Historical Quarter (a beautiful sight area).
- Onomichi Channel (Setonaikai National Park)
- Between Higashi-Onomichi Station and Itozaki Station
- The channel separates central Onomichi and Mukai-shima Island. Many movies and TV dramas have been set in this stunning location, which features sights including the Onomichi Bridge straddling the channel, shipyards on Mukai-shima Island and ferries traveling back and forth.
- Iwakuni flourished as a castle town of the Kikkawa clan.
- Immerse yourself in the atmosphere of the Sengoku period (late 15th century - late 16th century) with a visit to Kikkawa Historical Museum, which houses a collection of materials from that era, and viewing of a matchlock firearms performance.
- Visit to Kintaikyo Bridge, one of Japan's Three Famous Bridges.
- Visit to Kikkawa Historical Museum, a museum about the Kikkawa clan, the old feudal lords of Iwakuni.
- Viewing of Iwakuni Clan firearms performance
- Seto Inland Sea / Obatake Seto (Setonaikai National Park)
- Between Obatake Station and Yanai Station
- Located between Yanai City and Suo-Oshima Island, the strait boasts one of Japan’s three fastest tidal streams. The ships sailing under Oshima Ohashi, the world’s second longest continuous truss bridge, create a magnificent sight.
- MIZUKAZE bus
The exclusive MIZUKAZE bus takes guests to and from the sightseeing places. The design was supervised by Kazuya URA, the same designer who oversaw the design of the train. The exterior is MIZUKAZE green, with gold emblem lines. The interior has the same carpet design as the train, and green seats to give it a relaxing atmosphere. The bus is pleasant to ride, and it takes you to sightseeing places full of appeal.
*In addition to the MIZUKAZE bus, a bus with a restroom also runs. (The onboard facilities are the same as the MIZUKAZE bus, however the design is not the same.) The buses offer a comfortable way to travel.
*During the journey, all guests will ride the MIZUKAZE bus at least once. On the Sanin Course (Shimonoseki-bound) and the Sanyo Course (Shimonoseki-bound), guests will be transported between the destination Shimonoseki Station and Kokura Station by the MIZUKAZE bus and the bus with a restroom.
(Bus company: Chugoku JR Bus)